Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Magic Mike" Movie Review

"Magic Mike" movie poster.

"When your life is a fantasy, how do you deal with reality?

"As a male stripper, Magic Mike (Channing Tatum) has everything he could ever want: parties that last all night, hot girls and superfluous money. He takes a younger performer (Alex Pettyfer) under his wing, teaching him the ropes on how to be the best. As he keeps at the top of the game in the clubs, Mike struggles with trying to develop a relationship with a girl (Cody Horn) he really likes. Will he have to choose between his dream world and real life?

"The dramatic comedy screenplay was inspired by Tatum's work as a 19-year-old stripper before he made it in Hollywood." (Link below.)

Alex Pettyfer (L) and Matthew MacConaughey.
It also stars Matthew MacConaughey, Olivia Munn, James Martin Kelly, Reid Carolin, Joe Manganiello, Matt Bomer, and Adam Rodriguez. It's a nice coming-of-ageish story of a really handsome thirty-year-old male stripper. Sounds like my kind of a movie!

It's about freaking time they came out with a movie like this! For the record, when my friend and I got to the theatre, there were only two men in the audience and they weren't gay, just hangin' with their wives. 

Channing Tatum.
Anyway, I thought it was really funny and I enjoyed it a lot more than I had expected to. Each of the men got their own dance, which is only fair for everyone. Channing Tatum was the best at it though. There were a lot more boobs than I expected to see, but like every woman there I had only one thing on my mind. And no offense to Cody Horn, but she looks wierd and I don't find her attractive. I thought she was very distracting. And I didn't like the way her mouth curled every time she said something. I just thought they could've gotten someone better for that part.

I would recommend this movie to everyone - even straight men and lesbian women, because there is something for everyone on it. There's even a fight scene! It must've been very awkward to film, because two of the people in the fight were only wearing a belt and thong. A lovely film for the times and very enjoyable.

Script available here: http://www.4shared.com/office/aYBCVFDM/Magic_Mike__aka_Untitled_Steve.html.

(L to R) Alex Pettyfer, Matthew MacConaughey,
and Channing Tatum.
Favorite Lines: 

Mike Martingano: [dressed as a police officer] Good evening. You live here? 
Kim: Yeah. 
Mike Martingano: Yeah? What's your name? 
Kim: Kim. 
Mike Martingano: Kim, can you move back for me, please? 
[enters house full of women
Mike Martingano: We keep getting complaints about noise and underage drinking. Everybody sit down, we're gonna be here for a while! You don't have anything sharp on you that I can stick myself with, do you? 
Kim: No. 
Mike Martingano: Good. 'Cause I do! 
[rips off pants, women scream

Dallas: [to Mike] You are the husband they never had! You are that dreamboat guy that never came along! 

Dallas: Fact is, the law says you cannot touch! 
[smiles] 
Dallas: But I think I see a lotta lawbreakers up in this house tonight... 

Mike Martingano: How pregnant did you get that girl's mouth last night?

Dallas: Will you welcome to the stage, the one, the only... Magic Mike!


No comments:

Post a Comment