Thursday, September 6, 2012

"The Dark Knight Rises" Movie Review


"The Dark Knight Rises" movie poster.
REVISED: Even after all of the blogs I've read that question every detail of the movie, I'm going to stick to my guns for my rating and my review. I know a lot of people were disappointed in the movie because it got some details from the comic book series wrong or were completely disregarded, but I'm rating it just as a movie. I know that there are some logical mistakes involved with that too, but I think the movie would be an hour longer if Mr. Nolan tried to fix all of them. I know some people want perfection, I just want to be entertained. If I want to learn something or get something that is close to the original, I won't be watching a Batman movie for it. All in all, this series is still one of the best around and beats all of the other Batman movies that have been made.

Read the script here: http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/NerdyGeek/news/?a=65006.

"Despite his tarnished reputation after the events of The Dark Knight, in which he took the rap for Harvey Dent's crimes, Batman/Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) feels compelled to intervene to assist the city and its police force which is struggling to cope with Bane's (Tom Hardy) plans to destroy the city." Written by WellardRockard (Link below.)

Christian Bale (L) and
Anne Hathaway.
The last installment of Christopher Nolan's "The Dark Knight" trilogy is out! Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Cillian Murphy, Gary Oldman, andChristian Bale return for the conclusive movie. There are also new faces for this film finale:Anne Hathaway as Catwoman/Selina Kyle, Tom Hardy as Bane, Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Officer John Blake, and Marion Cotillard as Miranda Tate (I had no idea she was in this movie!). Even Liam Neeson makes an appearance.

Tom Hardy as Bane.
Everyone did a fantastic job. The special effects were very good. The costumes were amazing. Contrary to some people's loud, I thought Ms. Hathaway was very sexy and alluring as Catwoman. Sometimes I couldn't understand what Bane was saying, but you get the general gist of what he is trying to say.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as
Officer John Blake.
Favorite Lines:

Ra's al Ghul: If you make yourself more than just a man, if you devote yourself to an ideal... you become something else entirely. A legend, Mr. Wayne, a legend! 

Jim Gordon: [lying in a hospital bed] We were in this together, and then you were gone. Now this evil... rises. The Batman has to come back. 
Bruce Wayne: What if he doesn't exist any more? 
Jim Gordon: He must... he must... 

Christian Bale (L)
and Michael Caine.
CIA Agent: Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel? 
[No answer, gun is shot away from the prisoner's head] 
CIA Agent: He didn't fly so good! 
[Pulls guy back in to plane] 
CIA Agent: Who wants to try next? 
[with another prisoner] 
CIA Agent: Tell me about Bane! Why does he wear the mask? A lot of loyalty for a hired gun! 
Bane: [still with black hood on] Or perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane? 

CIA Agent: At least you can talk! Who are you? 
Bane: It doesn't matter who we are... what matters is our plan. No one cared who I was until I put on the mask. 
CIA Agent: [Pulls hood off to reveal Bane] If I pull that off, will you die? 
Bane: It would be extremely painful... 
CIA Agent: You're a big guy. 
Bane: ...for you. 

Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.
Bane: When Gotham is ashes, you have my permission to die. 

Doctor: I've seen worse cartilage in knees. 
Bruce Wayne: It's good. 
Doctor: No, that's because there is no cartilage in your knee. Scar tissue on your kidneys. Concussive damage to your brain tissue. I can not recommend that you go heliskiing. 

Batman: No guns, no killing. 
Catwoman: Where's the fun in that? 

Crowd: [chanting] Deh-Shay, Deh-Shay, Bah Sah Rah. Bah Sah Rah. 
Bruce Wayne: What does that mean? 
Prisoner: "Rise."

In light of the shooting in an Aurora, Colorado movie theater, Warner Brothers Studio has kept promotion on the film at a minimum and has not released the box office numbers for how well the film is or is not doing. I feel this shows tact and politeness on the part of the movie studio, because this horrible situation wasn't their fault. I am not sure what else to say about this situation because it is so far beyond my conception of what can happen at a movie theater that I am speechless. However, I would like to say that I wish all of the survivors well and that my heart goes out to the people who lost friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment