Thursday, September 6, 2012

"Mean Girls" Movie Review

"Mean Girls" movie poster.

"Raised in African bush country by her zoologist parents, Cady Heron (Lindsay Lohan) thinks she knows about survival of the fittest. But the law of the jungle takes on a whole new meaning when the home-schooled 16-year-old enters public high school for the first time and encounters psychological warfare and unwritten social rules that teenage girls face today.

"Cady Heron is a hit with The Plastics, the A-list girl clique at her new school, until she makes the mistake of falling for Aaron Samuels (Jonathan Bennett), the ex-boyfriend of alpha Plastic Regina George (Rachel McAdams)." Written by Sujit R. Varma (Link below.)

I have finally watched this cult classic! It was quite funny! And it had quite a cast too: Lindsay Lohan, Amanda Seyfried, Rachel McAdams, Lacey Chabert, Tina Fey (who also wrote the screenplay), Neil Flynn, Tim Meadows, and Amy Poehler as "the cool mom".

It's actually a really wonderful film! I had a very good time watching it with my friends. If I had been a bit younger than I am now, I think it might have been more influential for me.

The print is small, but you can read the script here: http://www.script-o-rama.com/movie_scripts/mean-girls-movie-transcript.html or http://www.dailyscript.com/scripts/mean_girls.pdf.

(L to R) Lacey Chabert, Lindsay Lohan, Rachel McAdams,
and Amanda Seyfried.
Favorite Lines:

Janis: [reading list the major cliques in high school] You got your freshmen, ROTC guys, preps, J.V. jocks, Asian nerds, Cool Asians, Varsity jocks Unfriendly black hotties, Girls who eat their feelings, Girls who don't eat anything, Desperate wannabes, Burnouts, Sexually active band geeks, 
[a picture of herself and Damian come on screen] 
Janis: the greatest people you will ever meet, and the worst. Beware of plastics. 

[seeing all the girls fighting] 
Mr. Duvall: Hell, no. I did *not* leave the South Side for this! 
[hits fire alarm with a baseball bat] 

[Damien is in the Girl's Bathroom] 
Short Girl: Hey, get out of here. 
Damian: Oh my God - Danny DeVito! I love your work! 

Karen: If you're from Africa, why are you white? 
Gretchen: Oh my God, Karen, you can't just ask people why they're white.

Damian: [reading Cady's class schedule] Health, Spanish... you're taking 12th Grade Calculus? 
Cady: Yeah, I like math. 
Damian: Eww. Why? 
Cady: Because it's the same in every country. 
Damian: That's beautiful. 
[to Janis] 
Damian: This girl is deep.

(L to R) Lacey Chabert,
Rachel McAdams,
Lindsay Lohan,
and Amanda Seyfried.
Coach Carr: Don't have sex, because you will get pregnant and die! Don't have sex in the missionary position, don't have sex standing up, just don't do it, OK, promise? OK, now everybody take some rubbers.

Karen: God. My hips are huge! 
Gretchen: Oh please. I hate my calves. 
Regina: At least you guys can wear halters. I've got man shoulders. 
Cady: [voiceover] I used to think there was just fat and skinny. But apparently there's lots of things that can be wrong on your body. 
Gretchen: My hairline is so weird. 
Regina: My pores are huge. 
Karen: My nail beds suck. 
[pause. All look at Cady] 
Cady: I have really bad breath in the morning. 
Karen: Ew! 

[Mr. Duvall is introducing Cady to the class] 
Mr. Duvall: Her name is Cady. Cady Heron. Where are you, Cady? 
Cady: That's me. It's pronounced like Katie. 
Mr. Duvall: My apologies. I have a nephew named Anfernee, and I know how mad he gets when I call him Anthony. Almost as mad as I get when I think about the fact that my sister named him Anfernee. 

Mrs. George: I just want you to know, if you ever need anything, don't be shy, OK? There are NO rules in the house. I'm not like a *regular* mom, I'm a *cool* mom. 

Bethany Byrd: Somebody wrote in that book that I'm lying about being a virgin because I use super jumbo tampons... but I can't help it if I've got a heavy flow and a wide set vagina! 
Mr. Duvall: Yeah, I can't do this.

Amber D'Alessio: [reading from the burn book] Made out with a hot dog? Oh my God that was one time! 


No comments:

Post a Comment