Friday, September 7, 2012

"The Avengers" Movie Review

"The Avengers" movie poster.

"Nick Fury (Samuel L. Jackson) is director of S.H.I.E.L.D, an international peace keeping agency. The agency is a who's who of Marvel Super Heroes, with Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), The Incredible Hulk/Bruce Banner (Mark Ruffalo), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America/Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner) and Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson). When global security is threatened by Loki (Tom Hiddleston) and his cohorts, Nick Fury and his team will need all their powers to save the world from disaster." Written by WellardRockard (Link below.)

Anyway, I saw it late one night and it far exceeded my expectations. I loved it! It was the perfect amount of awesome!

My friends and I dressed up and everything (because we're awesome like that) and I was Black Widow, sort of. I couldn't afford a leather suit. But it was still fun and it was fitting that I celebrate my nerddom.

There are so many hot men in this movie that I can forgive Scarlett Johansson for looking like Scarlett Johansson and for being given a few terrible lines. Oh my god, the man meat in this movie, just thinking about it gets me drooling.

Chris Evans.
I think so far the one guy that has me the most intrigued is Chris Evans, the lovely that played Steve Rogers/Captain America. He's just incredibly hot and his character is so wholesome it makes me wish for the olden days of America, pre-Hitler and World War I and II.

Robert Downey Jr. was given the best and most snarky lines because his character is the awesome Ironman/Tony Stark. 

Tony Stark: [to Thor] No hard feelings Point Break, you've got a mean swing. 

Tony Stark: Dr. Banner, your work is unparalleled. And I'm a huge fan of the way you lose control and turn into an enormous green rage monster. 
Bruce Banner: Thanks.

Robert Downey Jr.
Tony Stark: Let's do a headcount: Your brother, the demigod; a super-soldier, a living legend who actually lives up to the legend; a man with breathtaking anger management issues; a couple of master assassins; and you've managed to piss off every single one of us. 
Loki: That was the plan. 
Tony Stark: Not a great plan. 

These are all from the trailer so I'm not ruining anything for anyone. 

Even Thor, played by the yummy Chris Hemsworth, has some funny lines:

Thor: He's my brother. 
Natasha Romanoff: He killed 80 people in 2 days. 
Thor: ...He's adopted. 

Chris Hemsworth.
I found this movie very entertaining and I cannot wait for "The Avengers: 2", "Ironman 3", "Captain America 2", and "Thor 2".

Maybe there's even a third version of "The Hulk" with Mark Ruffalo being arranged somewhere?

One can only hope.



No comments:

Post a Comment